Alcohol use disorder in Las Vegas is quite common. The percentage of binge alcohol use in persons twelve or older has been higher than the national average for several years. Many people may consider their condition mild. However, alcohol use disorder (AUD) is a chronic and progressive disease that results in an increasing preoccupation with and physical need for alcohol.
If you’ve been looking into alcohol rehab in Las Vegas, call Sierra Sage at 833.922.2884. We offer a comprehensive alcohol treatment program in Las Vegas and the surrounding areas that involve behavioral therapy and other counseling approaches, medications that reduce the desire to drink, and more.
Alcohol Abuse: What You Need to Know
Excessive drinking, which the CDC defines as around four to five drinks or more in one night, is the third-leading cause of death in the US. The short-term effects of alcohol abuse are nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, injury, slow reaction time, slurred speech, and alcohol poisoning.
The long-term effects of alcohol addiction are:
- Liver disease
- Memory and learning issues
Doctors and clinicians encourage alcohol dependence or alcoholism to seek alcohol rehab as early as possible, even if they have not yet experienced withdrawal or long-term effects.
Signs You Need an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program
People with alcohol use disorder have a strong need or urge to use alcohol despite the consequences. If you’re debating whether you need help from an alcohol rehab center, there are certain indicators that you may have problems controlling your drinking.
You could have alcohol use disorder if you can answer yes to two or more of the following questions:
- Do you often end up drinking more or for a longer time than intended?
- Have you tried to cut down on your drinking before but were unsuccessful?
- Do you feel a strong need or urge to drink?
- Does drinking or being sick from drinking interfere with your family life, job, or other responsibilities, such as school?
- Do you spend a lot of time drinking or recovering from drinking (i.e., being hungover)?
- Have you cut back on other activities in your life to spend more time drinking?
- Does your alcohol use put you in dangerous situations, such as drunk driving or having unprotected sex?
- Does your tolerance increase periodically? Do you need to drink more now than a few weeks ago to feel the effects of alcohol?
- Have you kept drinking even if it made you depressed or anxious? Or even when it caused or exacerbated a health issue?
- Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when you stop using alcohol or “sober up”? Some examples of these symptoms are anxiety, depression, sweating, fever, and shakiness.
All of these symptoms can be cause for concern. The more times you answer “yes,” the more severe your potential alcohol use disorder is.
Discover Alcohol Rehab in Las Vegas at Sierra Sage
When you come to Sierra Sage for your alcohol addiction treatment program, you work with a qualified team of professionals to treat your physical and emotional addiction to alcohol and the factors and mental health issues that commonly co-occur with alcohol use disorder. We do this using various therapies through multiple levels of care which can cater to your individual treatment needs, such as:
- Residential treatment
- Partial-hospitalization (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient (IOP)
- Outpatient treatment (OP)
Alcohol addiction is a chronic disease, meaning that professional treatment is necessary to control and manage it. Otherwise, the disease can progress and worsen rapidly. If you’re ready to explore what an alcohol addiction treatment program can do for you, contact Sierra Sage Recovery Services at 833.922.2884. You’re one conversation away from getting the help that you need.