For some patients with a severe substance use disorder, an extended residential stay may be the most effective option and involves the structure and support vital to their recovery. However, not every client seeking substance use disorder treatment has the resources or ability to engage in a residential treatment setting. Those clients may benefit from a structured, but less intensive form of treatment, such as a partial hospitalization program.
Sierra Sage Recovery Services offers a partial hospitalization rehab for residents in and around Las Vegas. A partial hospitalization program, or a PHP, is an alternative form of treatment where clients report to treatment five days a week for about six hours per day as opposed to living on-campus 24/7 as one would in residential treatment. To learn more, contact us at 833.922.2884 today.
What Is a PHP?
A successful partial hospitalization program works when it can function as an intermediate between residential and outpatient treatments. A PHP involves more flexibility for clients while still providing structure, clinical support, and medical services.
PHPs are a step-down in intensity from residential services. Patients in PHPs will undergo assessments by clinicians and receive a treatment plan that usually involves group and one-on-one therapy. They may also engage in dialectical behavior therapy and work on problem-solving and coping with triggers to use or drink.
We specialize in dual-diagnosis treatment at Sierra Sage Recovery Services, linked directly to substance use disorders and other addictions. Our treatment addresses both aspects of this diagnosis through therapies, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Family therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
Partial hospitalization rehab is a responsibility and commitment, although the program is generally less intensive than inpatient treatment. Accordingly, partial hospitalization programs require high motivation and engagement from patients and also peer support and psychopharmacology in some cases.
Benefits of a Partial Hospitalization Rehab
There are many benefits to a qualified Las Vegas partial hospitalization:
- Help with Re-Entry or Transition: The right PHP is a transition back into social and familial roles for those coming from residential treatment. This intensive, highly structured, short-term program helps patients develop coping mechanisms and strengthen themselves against psychological, emotional, and other triggers to use or drink.
- Flexibility: PHPs are a highly flexible option on the continuum of mental health and addiction care. This model is highly effective when there is a reasonable expectation for improvement in a patient’s recovery and that patient is functional enough to prevent relapse outside of a hospital setting. Clients do not need to transition from a residential program to be eligible for a successful partial hospitalization program. If you need a structured program but cannot afford the costs of a residential stay, a PHP is a viable alternative. However, that’s not true for every client. A partial hospital program cannot replace inpatient or residential care if the client’s condition is severe, as these such clients often require 24-hour daily care.
- Insurance Coverage: Many insurance providers are more likely to cover the cost of this kind of treatment since it is not an overnight program. As a result, clients are more likely to afford these programs.
Choosing a Las Vegas Partial Hospitalization in Sierra Sage
Motivated clients with plenty of peer support can thrive under a PHP. The ideal client has also completed the detox phase of their substance use disorder and has already worked with a case manager or psychologist. If that applies to you or a loved one, a PHP at Sierra Sage may be the best choice for you.
If you or a loved one could benefit from a personalized, program-specific treatment option after residential treatment for substance use disorder, call the care providers at Sierra Sage at 833.922.2884 and ask about our partial hospitalization program.